Meet Vikki J. Taylor
Vikki Taylor is the managing partner of Taylor Jones & Associates, PLLC located at 368 Highland Colony Parkway in Ridgeland, MS. She has provided legal solutions for small and mid-sized businesses for more than 25 years. She has successfully negotiated hotel and motel purchase contracts, employee and independent contractor contracts, land and building leases, among other things. Business clients and individuals often call on Vikki to handle cases involving virtually the entire spectrum of employment-related laws, with a particular emphasis on discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge, workplace torts and contract disputes. She has tried several cases successfully to conclusion and obtained dismissals or summary judgment on numerous claims. In addition to her trial practice in state and federal courts Ms. Taylor represents clients before administrative agencies and mediators. She also handles appeals in state and federal courts.
Ms. Taylor provides day-to-day advice, training and counseling to her clients on a wide variety of employment issues, such as making reasonable accommodations, handling leaves of absence issues, disciplining and terminating employees, drug and alcohol testing and investigating claims of harassment. Ms. Taylor regularly drafts and reviews employment handbooks, personnel policies and employment agreements for her clients.
Ms. Taylor brings a unique skill set and perspective to the practice of law. In addition to her employment experience, Ms. Taylor has a comprehensive background in commercial litigation, medical malpractice defense, insurance defense, premises liability, lender liability, product liability, multiple-party litigation, governmental liability and school law.
Ms. Taylor has been recognized as one of the leading lawyers in the Mid-South edition of Super Lawyers. She speaks at education programs for attorneys, human resources professionals, business owners and managers. Ms. Taylor is a cum laude graduate of Mississippi University for Women. She graduated second in her class at University of Mississippi School of Law and has been admitted to practice in Mississippi and before the Mississippi Court of Appeals, Mississippi Supreme Court, the U.S. District Courts for Mississippi’s Northern and Southern Districts and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Her hobbies and interests include spending time with her granddaughter, traveling, reading, theater, music and cooking.
Sophisticated Litigation is the backbone
of our practice — put our experience and
expertise to work for you!
Consult with a highly experienced legal attorney
Honors, Professional Associations and Community Activities
Being a part of Professional and Community Organizations is vital to who we are
- Member of the Board of Directors of MERITAS, a global alliance of business law firms consisting of 172 law firms, with 6846 lawyers in 60 countries (FormerBoard Member)
- Commissioner, Mississippi Bar Association (2006-2009)
- Committee on Professional Responsibility, Mississippi Bar Association (Former Member)
- American Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Magnolia Bar Association
- Hinds County Bar Association
- Mississippi Women Lawyers Association
- Past President Washington County Young Lawyers Association
- Charles Clark Inns of Court (Former Member)
- Mid-South Super Lawyer (2006)
- Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America
- Atlanta Claims Association (Member)
- Appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi to serve as a member of the
- Magistrate Judge Selection Panel (2007)
- Leadership Jackson (Class of 2002 – 2003)
- Advisory Board Dress For Success
- Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women (2004)
- Leadership Jackson Alumni (2003-present)
- Served as counsel for Board of Directors Washington County Opportunities, Inc.
- Served as counsel for Board of Directors Leland Public Schools.
- Nu Epsilon Delta – National Honorary Society (Treasurer)
- Mortar Board National College Senior National Honor Society (Historian)
- Advisory Board of Directors Dress For Success Jackson
- Mississippi Children’s Home Women’s Auxiliary
- Board of Directors Northbay Property Owners Association
- Board of Directors Mississippi Legal Services Foundation
- Ethics Advisory Board Jackson Heart Study
- Past Member Board of Directors Boy Scouts of America
- Past Member Board of Directors Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Washington County